Irritated with PUP.Adware.MagniPic? Don't know how to get rid of it? You have come to the right place, this post will be helpful for you to get rid of PUP.Adware.MagniPic.
General Information About PUP.Adware.MagniPic
Type: Adware program
Alert level: Severe
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Targeted OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
PUP.Adware.MagniPic is classified as a hazardous adware program that could come to targeted computers and attach a plug-in or tool bar to web browsers out of permission and awareness. Once installed and executed corrupted files, it will run and arouse lots of commercial pop-up advertisements whenever you open your web browser/browsers. Meanwhile, it may bring with other kinds of computer threats for it installs automatically. What are the possible plots of the infection? What should be done for removing it completely? You just need to continue to read and know more.
Possible Plots1) It will arouse tons of irritating pop ups when you are surfing the Internet.
2) It may bring or invite with other kinds of computer threats.
3) It will slow down computer performance greatly.
4) It may monitor and record your online habits.
5) It may help cyber hackers to trace and steal personal information.
6) It may redirect your web search results to hacked web sites.
Step-by-Step Removal Instructions of PUP.Adware.MagniPic
Method 1: Deleting PUP.Adware.MagniPic with manual way
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
Step 2- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from http://kl.startnow.com
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from http://kl.startnow.com.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from http://kl.startnow.com.
Step 3- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
2) Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step 4- Open Windows Task Manager and close all related running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 5- Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 6- Remove all associated Files on your hard drive such as:
C:\WINDOWS\assembly\KYH_64\Desktop.ini C:\Windows\assembly\KYH_32\Desktop.ini C:\WINDOWS\system32\giner.exe
Method 2: Deleting PUP.Adware.MagniPic with automatic way
1) Click the icon below to download Spyhunter.
2) Install Spyhunter Step by Step:
3) Start a full and quick scan with SpyHunter .
4) Remove detected threats.
The manual ways of getting rid of PUP.Adware.MagniPic is quite dangerous and complex. If you are careless in your uninstalling process, you may make a mistake of deleting some important process. So deleting PUP.Adware.MagniPic manually is a risky job. The wise choice is to choose SpyHunter. Anti-Malware program SpyHunter is very convenient, effective and easy-operating. It can detect and eliminate the malicious virus thoroughly. At the same time, it can prevent your computer from attacking in the future.