Type: \ Redirect Virus
Alert level: Severe
Risk Coefficient：Severe \ High Level
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Modes of transmission: 1. Social networks. 2. Free applications, files, and other free resources downloaded online 3. Some forums, web sites. 4. Spam email attachments.
5. Suspicious links, pop ups.
Gotostat.ru is a malicious redirect virus/browser hijacker that will bring a great damage to the compromised computer. For running automatically when you start Windows, it will modify registry entries out of permission and notification. Besides, it may bring other computer threats as well to make further vulnerabilities. What are the symptoms when the computer is infected with Gotostat.ru? How to stop this virus? Just continue to read to know more.
2) It can hijack and control your web browser by changing some web browser settings.
3) It can replace the home page.
4) It may add some new icons on the desktop.
5) It may bring and invite spyware/malware, Trojan, and so on.
6) It may redirect all of your web search results to unfamiliar sites.
7) It may show you tons of irritating pup ups.
8) It will slow down computer performance.
9) It can change and add new features from time to time.
10) It is really hard to remove.
How to Remove Gotostat.ru?
Manual Removal Instructions
random.exeStep 2: Remove all related files created by Gotostat.ru:
%AppData%[trojan name]toolbardtx.ini %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarguid.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarlog.txt %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstats.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbaruninstallIE.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbaruninstallStatIE.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarversion.xmlStep 3: Open the Registry Editor, search and delete registry entries created by Gotostat.ru.
(Click Start button> click "Run" > Input "regedit" into the Run box and click ok)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCurVer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuard HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuard.1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInternet ExplorerToolbar “[trojan name]”
Automatic Removal Instructions
1) Click the following red icon to install Spyhunter.
2) Install Spyhunter Step by Step:
3) Execute a full scan with SpyHunter and remove all detected threats.
4) Remove associated programs.
Gotostat.ru is a hazardous browser hijacker. It can produce plenty of irritating ads. And it can alter your default homepage to the designed website Gotostat.ru. It also can bring related threats to your computer. Hence, you are suggested to remove it without delay once you find its trace. The sooner you take measures, the less dangerous your computer is.
If you not a computer expert, you resort to the automatic way. For a layman, manually to remove Gotostat.ru is not so easy to master. Thus, there is no need for you to use this way. On the contrary, you’d better install Anti-Malware program SpyHunter to help you to remove Gotostat.ru. On one hand, it can work effectively; on the other hand, it can protect your computer from infecting in the future.