This article was written for you to deepen understanding of Trojan: Win32/Carberp.I and guide you to conduct an effective removal.
Overview of Trojan: Win32/Carberp.I
Also detected as: W32/Trojan.QVAU-2480 (Command), Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Goo.qwd(Kaspersky), TR/Crypt.ZPACK.113414 (Avira), Win32/Glupteba.M trojan (ESET), W32/Goo.M!tr.dldr(Fortinet) by other antivirus program.
Alert level: SevereTrojan: Win32/Carberp.I will start malicious activities with its powerful and complicated features when you operate your PC. You will go through an uncomfortable experience when surfing on the Internet. Trojan: Win32/Carberp.I severely slows down the PC performance. It will freeze the system, cause lots of unexpected system errors, and hijack your browsers by causing random redirection and generating a flood of ads. Besides, It can capture and record the information that you have left in your computer, steal private or sensitive information to gain money.
How does malware infect your PC?
Here are two most commom ways that Trojan: Win32/Carberp.I infects your PC.
- Spam emails
- Infected removable drives
How to remove Trojan: Win32/Carberp.I from your PC?
Warm prompt: many users have reflected that different kinds of problems will appear if they are not careful enough to follow this guide strictly. They became angry and impatient because of the fault removal of important system file and failure in removal operation. Finally, most of them chose SpyHunter to complete the removal process instead of continuing the traditional removal guide. More details about SpyHunter was written in Method two, please shift your attention to Method two if you need urgent Trojan: Win32/Carberp.I removal.
Method one: Remove Trojan: Win32/Carberp.I Manuall
Step 1： Reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking
Restart your computer and keep pressing “F8” key until Windows Advanced Options Menu shows up, then select “Safe Mode with Networking” and press “Enter”
Step 2.：End suspicious processes
Press “Ctrl+Alt+Del” to launch Window Task Manager, find the suspicious process and then click” End Process”
Tap “Win+R” keys and then type “%UserProfile%” in Run box and click on “OK”.
Press “Win+R”and then type “regedit” in Run box and click on “OK”
When the Registry Editor shows, find out and delete the below files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Use FormSuggest = “Yes”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random name]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing\[random]
Step 5： Reset Your Web Browsers
1. Open Internet Explorer, go to “Tools”, and then click on Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the “Advanced” tab, then click on the “Reset” button.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the “Delete personal settings” box, and then click on “Reset”.
1. Click on the icon “Customize and control Google Chrome”, select “Settings”, at the bottom of this page, click on “Show advanced settings”.
2. Find the Reset browser settings option, click on “Reset” button to reset your Google Chrome.
1. Open Firefox, click the Firefox button, go to the “Help” sub-menu, and select “Troubleshooting Information”.
2. Click the “Reset Firefox” button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. Then click “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation window that opens. Firefox will close and be reset.
Method two: Remove Trojan: Win32/Carberp.I Automatically with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats.
Step 1: Please follow the steps to install SpyHunter!
Step 2: Run its exe file to install the program according to the instruction
Step 3: Launch SpyHunter and click “Scan Computer Now!”to start a full system scan.
The scanning process lasts s few minutes,please be patient. When the scan is done, all the threats in your PC are deteted.
(Note: SpyHunter is only free for malware detection, the full version of SpyHunter is strongly recommended for better and overall PC protection)