You didn't install Windows Safety Master, but it stays on your computer and won't be uninstalled? It runs automatically whenever you load the system? What should be done? No worries, helpful removal guide will be found in this post.
Know More About Windows Safety Master
Alert level: Severe
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Targeted OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
Windows Safety Master is a rogue program that cared for scam money from innocent computer users. Many computer users thinks it is useful to protect computers. In fact, it is a fake antivirus that installs to computers without permission. Even, it may be bundled with Trojan horse, malware, spyware, and so forth. It runs out of interaction when you load the system. It acts like legitimate antivirus to run a scan and detect computer threats. It states that you need to purchase its full version to clean the computer.
Don't be taken in, Windows Safety Master won't detect or fix any computer threat. It runs fake scan and displays bogus alerts that aim to make you believed that the computer is in danger. If you take its advance, you will be redirected to a web site. Even, the web site may offer with other kinds of viruses. Just be cautious and educated, it is wise to remove such an infection when it is found, but not purchase its malware. What is more, it exploits system vulnerabilities, which may be taken advantage of by hackers for performing scan activities. If it still exists on your computer, it is time to remove it completely.
Windows Safety Master Screenshot
Threats of Windows Safety Master
2. It enters to computers out of permission.
3. It runs out of consent when you load the system.
4. It changes system components like registry values.
5. It shows fake scan and computer threats.
6. It aims to trick you into buying its malware.
7. It may help cyber criminals remotely perform scam actions.
How to Remove Windows Safety Master?
Method 1: Deleting Windows Safety Master manually
step1: Press Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to stop all Windows Safety Master running processes in windows task manager.
step2: Search for and remove all files created by Windows Safety Master:
%AppData%\NPSWF32.dll %AppData%\result.db %Desktopdir%\Windows Safety Master.lnk %Programs%\Windows Safety Master\Windows Safety Master.lnk
step3: Go to the registry editor to delete associated registry entries with Windows Safety Master:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ERROR_PAGE_BYPASS_ZONE_CHECK_FOR_HTTPS_KB954312 HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[random] %AppData%\[random]\[random].exe HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Safety Master HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Safety Master\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[random]\[random].exe,0 HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Safety Master\Display Name Windows Safety Master HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Safety Master\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[random]\[random].exe” -u HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Safety Master\UninstallString “%AppData%\[random]\[random].exe” -u
Method 2: Deleting Windows Safety Master automatically
2) Start the installation by double-clicking the download file.
3) Now you need to click the “Run” button to continue the installation.
4) Next you should accept the License Agreement and click the “Next” button.
5) You need to wait until the whole installation finishes. In this process, you are not allowed to click the “Cancel” button, otherwise the executing will stop.
6) Now the installation finishes.
7) After finishing the installation, now you should click “Malware Scan” button to have a quick or full scan on your computer.”
8) Tick the “Select All” and choose the “Remove” button to eliminate the detected threats on your computer.
Windows Safety Master is a quite harmful rogue program. The sooner you take actions, the less danger your computer will face. Thus, you should get Windows Safety Master out of your computer immediately once you find out its trace. Here I strongly recommend you to use the automatic way to remove Windows Safety Master. Therefore, downloading Anti-Malware program SpyHunter is your best choice. For it is safe, reliable and convenient. It can help you to delete virus thoroughly and can prevent your computer from attacking in the future.