General Information About Windows Efficiency Console Rogue ProgramType: Rogue program
Alert level: Severe
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Targeted OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
Windows Efficiency Console is a rogue program that could attack any computers via varieties of means, for example, spam emails, hacked web sites, free resources downloaded from the Internet, some corrupt shared files, and so forth. It roots deep in the system and runs out of interaction whenever you load the system. Similar to legitimate antivirus programs, it displays lots of computer threats after running a scan. In fact, there is no threats, all are bogus. It aims to trick you into buying its programs. It states that you need to purchase a full version of the program to fix all the issues detected.
So many computer users may think their computer are infected severely, and follow its instruction to buy the so-called powerful program. Don't be taken in, Windows Efficiency Console can't detect or fix any computer issues. On its own, it is a malware created to exploit vulnerabilities and cheat your money. Remote cyber hackers may take advantage of the vulnerable system to perform some scam actions. Like upload more viruses to your computer, mess up files, steal personal information, and so forth. There is no doubt that such a rogue program is a big threat to the computer and your privacy. It should be removed the sooner the better.
Windows Efficiency Console Screenshot
Threats of Windows Efficiency Console
2. It runs and take a scan out of interaction whenever you load the system.
3. It shows lots of bogus computer threats.
4. It tries to mislead you to purchased its fake programs.
5. It may turn off or disable your security programs.
6. It slows your computer down greatly.
7. It makes the system vulnerable.
8. It may help cyber criminals to remotely perform some vicious actions.
Step by Step to Remove Windows Efficiency Console
Method 1: Manually removing Windows Efficiency Console
step1: Tap Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to launch windows task manager to end all Windows Efficiency Console running processes.
step2: Find and remove all files crated or related to Windows Efficiency Console:
%AppData%\NPSWF32.dll %AppData%\result.db %Desktopdir%\System Care Antivirus.lnk %Programs%\Antivirus Security Pro\Antivirus Security Pro.lnk
step3: Go to the registry editor to delete all registry entries associated with Windows Efficiency Console:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ERROR_PAGE_BYPASS_ZONE_CHECK_FOR_HTTPS_KB954312 HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[random] %AppData%\[random]\[random].exe HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Security Pro HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Security Pro\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[random]\[random].exe,0 HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Security Pro\DisplayName System Care Antivirus HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Security Pro\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[random]\[random].exe” -u HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Security Pro\UninstallString “%AppData%\[random]\[random].exe” -u
Method 2: Automatically removing Windows Efficiency Console
2) Start the installation by double-clicking the download file.
3) Now you need to click the “Run” button to continue the installation.
4) Next you should accept the License Agreement and click the “Next” button.
5) You need to wait until the whole installation finishes. In this process, you are not allowed to click the “Cancel” button, otherwise the executing will stop.
6) Now the installation finishes.
7) After finishing the installation, now you should click “Malware Scan” button to have a quick or full scan on your computer.”
8) Tick the “Select All” and choose the “Remove” button to eliminate the detected threats on your computer.
Windows Efficiency Console is really dangerous Trojan horse. If you don’t remove it timely, it will generate more serious effect. So it is wise for you to get rid of Windows Efficiency Console once you notice it appears on your computer.
Windows Efficiency Console is foxy and stubborn, so it is not easy for you to remove it manually. In addition, manual removal way takes a risk of losing your computer’s important applications. It is not worthy and wise for you to take this risk. Installing Anti-Malware program SpyHunter is the best way for you. SpyHunter can detect and remove malware or virus automatically. Without hesitation, just download it.