Type: Redirect virus
Alert level: Severe
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Targeted OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Weird Symptoms Caused by Websearch.lookforithere.info
2) The web browser is controlled by Websearch.lookforithere.info.
3) Web search engine is replaced to be Websearch.lookforithere.info.
4) You are redirected to related web sites.
5) Lots of advertisements pop up during browsing procedure.
6) Computer performance is much poor.
7) Other computer threats may be brought with Websearch.lookforithere.info.
Further Damage Caused by Websearch.lookforithere.info
2) The internet may disconnect frequently.
3) The computer may freeze all the time.
4) Your personal information stored on the computer may be traced and stolen.
5) The computer may be remotely controlled by cyber hackers.
6) The system may crash with any manual delay.
Reliable Steps for Cleaning up Websearch.lookforithere.info
Method 1: Deleting Websearch.lookforithere.info with manual way
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Amazon Smart Search:
Step2. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step3. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, remove all files created by Websearch.lookforithere.info:
%UserProfile%\[random].exe %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\[random] %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framwork\[random].exe %System%[random].exeStep4. Delete all related registry values of Websearch.lookforithere.info in your local hard disk C.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run\[random] HKEY_USERS\.DEFUALT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ControlSet001\Services\svflooje\Enum\[random]
Method 2: Deleting Websearch.lookforithere.info with automatic way
3) Execute a full scan with SpyHunter and remove all detected threats.
4) Remove associated programs.
Note: To remove all infiltration related to Websearch.lookforithere.info safely and completely, sufficient skills are needed. During the manual removal process, you need to be cautious with each removal step or you may loss some significant system files due to any mistake. But there is no need for you to remove Websearch.lookforithere.info manually. For manually removing Websearch.lookforithere.info is too dangerous. So the wise way is to install Anti-Malware program SpyHunter to delete malicious and to protect your computer from greater damage.