Let’s Know More About Amazon Smart Search
Alert level: Severe
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Modes of transmission: 1. P2P network 2. Free resources 3. Strange files, email attachments, strange links, and etc. 4. Pop ups or some suspicious web sites
Harmful Characteristics of Amazon Smart Search
1) It can drop corrupt files on targeted system out of permission and notification.
2) It will infect your web browser and change the home page to be its own one.
3) It will redirect all of your web search results to other unfamiliar web sites or those with bad reputation.
4) It may generate a tool bar or add-on for activating itself whenever web pages are opened.
5) It may add browser plug-in to show lots of irritating pop ups.
6) It may come with other computer threats.
7) It may monitor all of your online activities like browsing habits, favorites, and so on.
8) It will slow down computer performance.
9) It may mess up files and data.
10) It may allow the third access.
1) Set strong password for all of your accounts.
2) Keep your firewall and existing antivirus program open once system gets loaded.
3) Avoid browsing any illegal content.
4) Don’t click any spam email or email attachments.
5) Don’t visit any suspicious web sites.
6) Don’t click any unknown links or pop ups.
7) Be cautious when you download some free resources online.
8) Be careful when you want to share some files with others.
9) Take quick removal actions once any other computer threats are detected.
Step-by-step Removal Instuctions
Step1. Disable suspicious startup items.
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Amazon Smart Search:
Step2. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step3. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by Amazon Smart Search:
%UserProfile%\[random].exe %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\[random] %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framwork\[random].exe %System%[random].exe
Step 4.Deleting Amazon Smart Search by installing SpyHunter
1) Click the icon below to download Spyhunter.
2) Install Spyhunter Step by Step:
3) Start a full and quick scan with SpyHunter .
4) Remove detected threats.
To get Amazon Smart Search off the compromised computer thoroughly and safely, you need to have sufficient skills as the manual removal process is full of risks. But if you are not familiar with the computer program, you are better not to take a risk to remove Amazon Smart Search manually. It is wise for you to download Anti-Malware program SpyHunter to get Amazon Smart Search out of your computer. It will make you face less difficulty and risk. Besides, SpyHunter is effective enough to remove Amazon Smart Search. Thus, it can be a preferred choice for you.